As a proud proponent of New York hemp, Upstate Hemp Co. has been supplying discerning US hemp smokers with the best flowers since 2018. Before being shipped in odorless and discrete packaging, these flowers are hand-trimmed, slow cured, and packed to maximize freshness.
About Upstate Hemp Co.
We really like the way that Upstate Hemp’s product pages are presented. The descriptions are unique and go into great detail about the strains, including their flavors, aromas, and cannabinoid content. Some also contain details on how they were grown and harvested, and on any certifications they have.
However, despite all of this attention to detail, there is one frustrating oversight.
The individual products don’t have headlines declaring what they are. That information is tucked away in the product description, which is a little unusual and means you’re constantly scrolling and reading to make sure you’re on the right page.
Maybe we’re nit-picking, though.
The company’s hemp comes from farms across the state of New York. It’s a proud supporter of homegrown hemp and its goal is to pinpoint the best strains from across the state. Every flower is organic, hand-trimmed, and high-end.
Hemp Flower Varietals
The bulk of Upstate Hemp’s stock is hemp flowers and smalls. At the time of writing, many of these were out of stock or available in limited numbers, so act quickly if you find something that you like.
- Lifter: Upstate Hemp’s Lifter is NOFA Certified Organic, a status given to only the very best NY farms. It was in-stock when we conducted our review, but the stock was harvested over a year earlier, so there’s a good chance it’ll be gone by the time you read this. More will likely be added in the future, though, so keep an eye out for it.
- Blue Moon: Bred from two unknown strains, Blue Moon produces dense and flavorful buds. It was grown outdoors and produces beautiful buds with streaks of red and purple.
- Berry Blossom: An ever-reliable strain that never fails to deliver, Berry Blossom is packed with flavor, looks fantastic, and has a total cannabinoid content of around 20%.
- La Femme Verte: Similar to its sibling Blue Moon, La Femme Verte is hoppy and sweet. It is grown outdoors, so it’s not as potent as some of the other strains on this list, but it’s a very relaxing and fragrant strain, nonetheless.
- CBDawg: A strong strain with an almost overpowering aroma of grape and close to 20% total CBD.
- Deschutes: Floral, fruity, and one of the company’s two flagship varietals, Deschutes has been described as a “next-level” strain and is one of the standout flowers in the Upstate range.
- Umpqua: The second half of the company’s flagship range, Umpqua has over 18% total CBD.
- Sweet Baox: A unique take on a hemp classic, Sweet Baox is stronger and sweeter than the classic Baox strain. It is grown indoors and contains an impressive 26.6% total cannabinoids.
- White CBG: A greenhouse-grown CBG strain that is both potent and affordable, making it the perfect introduction to this cannabinoid.
- Apex Sauce: Described as “clear-minded and cerebral,” the effects of Apex Sauce are immediately noticeable and perfect as a daytime pick-me-up.
- Super Woman: A very unique strain with incredibly low levels of THC and over 15% CBD. The buds are small and packed with strong flavors of pine and oak.
- Aloe Haze: Upstate Hemp’s Aloe Haze is grown on the west coast by a team of east coast enthusiasts. It’s pungent and uplifting, making it ideal for a daytime toke.
- Cat’s Meow: An Indoor-grown strain that hails from Ithaca, NY. Cat’s Meow is a funky and gassy strain that’s best enjoyed during the evening.
Most of Upstate Hemp’s flowers are packed into 14g bags costing between $25 and $35, but some are sold in quantities of just 1g and 5g.
You can find lab tests on the Upstate Hemp website and there are also QR codes on the packaging that will direct you to the relevant results.
Need something a little stronger? Upstate Hemp also sells Moon Rocks that contain 49% cannabinoids, with less than 0.3% THC and over 48% CBD. For just $20, you’ll get 1.25g of these potent little nugs.
Edibles and extracts are available as well, and if you’re looking to make your own extracts, or just want some budget hemp, you can buy a ¼ lb. of trim for less than $40.