TOKN is a hemp brand that focuses on sustainable farming practices and produces a series of premium hemp products. Everything it sells is grown on its 15-acre hemp farm located in the heart of Willamette Valley, Oregon.
The owners were raised in Santa Cruz, CA, where they developed their passion for organic farming and first began experimenting with hemp.
Hemp Flower Varietals
TOKN sells a small selection of hemp flowers, including some of the most popular strains in Oregon:
- Sour Space Candy: Gassy, sour, and ever-so-sweet, Sour Space Candy is an Oregon favorite. These potent sun-grown flowers contain close to 19% CBD, but they are available in very limited quantities, so act fast!
- Lifter: This sweet and funky strain is one of the most popular in Oregon, so much so that it’s rare to find an OR farm that doesn’t grow this varietal in abundance. Lifter gives you a boost of creative energy and is the perfect daytime strain.
- Special Sauce: With tart and pungent flavors, Special Sauce is one of the sharpest strains you’ll ever smoke. It has aromas of pine and hops to balance that astringence, and it’s also loaded with over 20% CBD.
- Remedy: A high terpene content makes this a pungent strain. It’s also a local favorite and one that the founders of TOKN have been growing for close to a decade.
- Suver Haze: The Suver Haze in stock at the time of this review was grown in a greenhouse and measured at over 15% CBD. Just like the other strains on this list, Suver Haze is a classic and is one of the most smoked and extracted strains in the US.
TOKN’s strains are reasonably priced, with many costing only $15 for an eighth. If that’s still a little rich for your blood, there are much cheaper alternatives.
The machine-trimmed “Smalls,” for instance, are priced at $16 for a quarter ounce, giving you twice the product for roughly the same price. These mini buds are not as potent or pure, but you’ll still get a premium smokable.
The hemp trim is even cheaper and will set you back just $8 an ounce. Trim is generally regarded as a very cheap product that many experienced smokers won’t go anywhere near, but TOKN’s trim is a little better than most. It includes only the closest trim, known as “sugar trim,” and it contains a high percentage of cannabinoids.
It’s great for a budget smoke, especially if you’re looking to stuff some blunts or roll some joints, but it can also be used to create extracts.
TOKN Tea is a great way to get your fix of CBD without smoking or vaping. You can choose from several different flavors, all of which combine natural, healthy herbs, plants, and extracts, including everything from turmeric root and ginger root to peppermint and chamomile.
Many of these herbs mimic the calming effects of CBD, as well as the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
Ginger and turmeric, for instance, are great pick-me-ups and can alleviate joint pain, chamomile and lavender are soothing for the mind and the body, yerba mate and green tea will give your mind and body a boost, and spearmint and peppermint can relieve digestive issues.
Tinctures, kief, apparel, and edibles are available as well. Additionally, we have to give TOKN credit for its apparel, as this is something that the hemp industry doesn’t always get right.
Many brands sell overpriced clothes and accessories made from synthetic materials., but TOKN has clearly put a lot of thought into its range, using only organic hemp, cotton, and bamboo. They look good, they’re reasonably priced, and they all tie into the brand’s message of sustainability and organic farming.