The Brothers Apothecary journey began in 2015 when real-life brothers, Shane and Jesse, began exploring the benefits of CBD and hemp flowers. They sought an alternative to sugary gummies and vapes; something cheaper, healthier, and more wholesome. When they couldn’t find it, they decided to create it, and a unique CBD brand was born.
Over the last few years, The Brothers Apothecary has grown from a unique idea into one of the industry’s most exciting brands. And despite its growth, it continues to operate as a small, family-run business, with the titular brothers at the helm.
About The Brothers Apothecary
Everything sold by The Brothers Apothecary is either made in Portland, Oregon, where the brand is based, or is crafted using locally sourced ingredients. It’s like a Mom & Pop bakery, only all those delicious handmade goods are packed with healthy cannabinoids.
Their products are sold directly through the Brothers Apothecary online store, with all payments processed using the Square secure platform. They are also sold in retail locations across the Western United States, including vape shops, tea shops, and CBD retailers.
Hemp Flower Varietals
Smokables are a small part of this brand’s massive and ever-expanding range. They are sold as pure hemp flowers or as a synergistic blend of herbs. With the latter, you get 4 grams per tin and each blend is designed to invoke a specific emotion. As for the pure hemp flowers, they are sold in 3.5 gram and 7 gram jars, as well as a pair of pre-rolls containing 0.7 grams each.
All hemp is grown organically in the United States and is tested for purity and potency, ensuring the highest-quality top-shelf product every time.
Kush Hemp CBD Flower (Artisan Hemp Flower)
Kush Hemp is a premium high-CBD hemp that has been used to produce countless award-winning strains. Its terpene profile includes α-Bisabolol, β-Caryophyllene, Limonene, Myrcene, and α-Humulene, combining flavors of sharp lemon and invigorating spice with earthy musk and a subtle sweetness.
THC levels are guaranteed to remain under 0.3%, with over 15% CBD and around 0.2% CBG.
CBG Flower (Artisan Hemp Flower)
Each dense CBG flower contains over 12% of this sought-after compound with more than 2% CBD. Its terpene profile includes Linalool, a floral-scented terpene known for producing feelings of sedation; Myrcene, which produces aromas of spice and musk, and the citrusy Limonene.
Relax (Hemp CBD Smoking Blend)
4 grams of hemp and 2 grams of botanicals, all combining to promote feelings of calm and relaxation. Relax is promoted as a blend that can “inspire lucid dream states” and “unlock self-realization,” offering an average of 15% CBD along with the following herbs:
- Calea: Often found in Mexico, calea promotes mental clarity and is often referred to as a “dream herb.”
- Wild Dagga: A popular smoking herb that relaxes the mind and the body, wild dagga helps to enhance the beneficial effects of other herbs.
- Mugwort: Commonly found in the UK, mugwort has been used as a traditional medicine for centuries and is said to trigger lucid dreams.
- Mullein: A wild-harvested herb used for its healing properties.
Peace (Hemp CBD Smoking Blend)
In the words of The Brothers Apothecary, this is a “soul-soothing” blend. It combines premium CBD hemp with 5 relaxing herbs, promoting feelings of calm and relaxation. These herbs include:
- Lavender: Countless studies have suggested that lavender can promote feelings of calm and relaxation through scent alone. Many of these benefits are provided by Linalool, a terpene also found in hemp.
- Spearmint: Although spearmint is calming, it is predominantly used to add a fresh and minty flavor. It doesn’t have the intense menthol flavors provided by peppermint and is much milder.
- Wild Dagga: A popular marijuana-alternative that brings out the sedating effects of the other herbs in this blend.
- Rose: Another herb that adds fresh and soothing flavors while clearing the mind.
- Mullein: A soothing and healing herb often used as an anti-inflammatory.
Sacred (Hemp CBD Smoking Blend)
The Sacred smoking blend combines herbs that have been consumed for centuries as natural medicines. We know today that many of these herbs contain beneficial compounds that reduce inflammation and promote feelings of calm. In addition to the usual 4 grams of high-CBD hemp, this blend includes:
- Rose Petals: Adds sweet, mild, and floral notes.
- Krishna Tulsi: Also known as “Holy Basil”, tulsi is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used for centuries in India. It was considered holy and thought to provide a long list of health benefits.
- Wild Dagga: Brings out the effects of other herbs.
- Marshmallow Root: Has proven to be effective at soothing coughs and has been used for this purpose for hundreds of years.
- Lemon Balm: A fresh and citrusy herb that helps with relaxation and recovery.
Center (Hemp CBD Smoking Blend)
This blend has been described as “meditative” and recommended for introspection. Along with mullein and wild dagga, two herbs that feature in many other blends and have synergistic properties, Center contains:
- Lotus Leaf: The sacred lotus has a long history of use in traditional medicine. It has protective and curative properties.
- Wild Lettuce: Often consumed as a tincture or tea, wild lettuce provides a clean and enjoyable smoke and promotes feelings of calmness.
Other Products Sold by The Brothers Apothecary
Along with hemp flowers and smoking blends, The Brothers Apothecary sells CBD tea, skincare, lattes, honey, tinctures, and more. As with the brand’s herb blends, they combine many different organically grown or wild-harvested ingredients, including everything from turmeric (used in latte mixes) to valerian (used in tablets and teas).
It’s a unique way to consume CBD and other potent superfoods. For instance, valerian, chamomile, and lavender all have proven benefits when it comes to sedation and relaxation. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, mint is great for digestive issues, and kava has been described as a “herbal Valium.”
It’s a unique approach and one that will resonate with people who use CBD primarily for its health benefits.