Mako Hemp is a relatively new hemp company producing a series of organic, all-natural CBD products and smokable flowers. It launched in January 2019 but was still putting the pieces together in late 2020, with many products listed as “coming soon” and many aspects of the site still being worked on.
Considering the events of 2020 and the issues that these caused for the agricultural and retail industries, it’s understandable that the process of getting up and running took so long!
Hemp Flower Varietals
Mako Hemp sells a number of hemp strains that span a variety of indoor and outdoor varietals. Stock changes from season to season and is dependent on availability. Based on the lab tests hosted on the Mako Hemp website, it may stock the following hemp flowers from time to time.
We have included a brief summary of the company’s test results. For more information, you can download the full lab report as a PDF from the Mako Hemp website:
- Elektra: Total Cannabinoids = 17.8%. CBDa = 16.36%. CBD = 0.68%.*
- Lifter: Total Cannabinoids = 13.1%. CBDa = 11.69%. CBD = 0.83%.*
- Pineberry: Total Cannabinoids = 11.6%. CBDa = 10.90%. CBD = 0.16%.
- Siskiyou Gold: Total Cannabinoids = 13.19%. CBDa = 10.85%. CBD = 0.36%.
- Cherry Wine: Total Cannabinoids = 13.88%. CBDa = 10.74%. CBD = 0.30%.
- Frosted Lime: Total Cannabinoids = 19.93%. CBDa = 16.60%. CBD = 0.76%.
- Boax: Total Cannabinoids = 17.88%. CBDa = 11.41%. CBD = 2.48%.*
- Special Sauce: Total Cannabinoids = 19.75%. CBDa = 16.29%. CBD = 0.86%.
- Suver Haze: Total Cannabinoids = 21.1%. CBDa = 17.62%. CBD = 0.84%.
- Rise Up: Total Cannabinoids = 18.28%. CBDa = 14.94%. CBD = 1.17%.
- Blue Genius: Total Cannabinoids = 15.65%. CBDa = 12.80%. CBD = 0.34%.
- Remission: Total Cannabinoids = 11.51%. CBDa = 8.82%. CBD = 1.37%.
- Hawaiian Haze: Total Cannabinoids = 15.84%. CBDa = 12.62%. CBD = 1.40%.*
- Sour Space Candy: Total Cannabinoids = 17.71%. CBDa = 15.23%. CBD = 0.50%.
- CBG White: Total Cannabinoids = 10.35%. CBGa = 9.83%. CBG = 0.05%.*
- Kush E1: Total Cannabinoids = 18.75%. CBDa = 16.03%. CBD = 0.52%.
- Boax Berry Blossom: Total Cannabinoids = 18.31%. CBDa = 15.55%. CBD = 0.92%.
- The Hulk: Total Cannabinoids = 18.56%. CBDa = 15.66%. CBD = 0.61%.
- Blueberry Pie: Total Cannabinoids = 20.4%. CBDa = 17.68%. CBD = 0.53%.
- Bubba Kush: Total Cannabinoids = 16.07%. CBDa = 13.80%. CBD = 0.40%.
- Legendary OG: Total Cannabinoids = 23.07%. CBDa = 19.83%. CBD = 0.50%.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Total Cannabinoids = 19.72%. CBDa = 16.29%. CBD = 0.85%.
*The site lists several results from different phenotypes; these results are from just one of them.
Alongside its smokable hemp flowers, available in both high-CBD and high-CBG varieties, Mako Hemp also stocks CBD extracts, oils, and other products, including pet treats, tinctures, balms, creams, and edibles.
The edibles are particularly noteworthy and there is a range of flavors and strengths to choose from, including peach ring candies, wildflower honey, and roasted coffee beans.
Many of these edibles are manufactured by other companies, with Mako Hemp acting as a reseller, but Mako produces some great topicals and smokables themselves.