Carolina Hemp Company launched in 2014 and has since established itself as one of NC’s best-loved hemp brands. It has a homegrown, “Mom & Pop” feel with a vintage logo and wholesome branding. It’s substance over style, product over marketing, and that ensures you’re always guaranteed a premium product with the Carolina Hemp Company.
About Carolina Hemp Company
Known as “Ashville’s Hometown Hemp Company,” this premium distributor positions itself as a hemp educator and retailer that focuses on the benefits of hemp and CBD and aims to educate its customers on these products.
Its social media pages are littered with professional product snaps, cultivation stories, product development videos, and educational posts. If you’re looking for more of a mature brand, one that doesn’t cover its products with brightly colored imagery or fill its social feeds with scantily-clad, chain-smoking Gen-Zers, take a look at Carolina Hemp Company.
Hemp Flower Varietals
Hemp flowers are available in 3.5g or 7g jars, costing an average of $40 and $60 respectively. Alternatively, you can purchase pre-rolls containing half a gram of hemp flowers.
These joints are available as singles and in packs of 7. The packaging is neatly presented and looks like a pack of playing cards. Once you slide it open, you’ll even find a little section containing several matches.
Each pack contains a total of 3.5g of hemp flower and costs the same as the 3.5g jars of loose flowers. However, at the time of writing, many pre-roll options were either sold-out or waiting to be stocked, suggesting they are not as freely available as the flowers.
Whether you’re purchasing flowers or joints, you can find all of the following hemp strains at the Carolina Hemp Company:
- John Snow: The king of CBG strains, John Snow contains over 21% of this “mother cannabinoid” and is a great alternative to high-CBD options.
- Pineapple Haze: Enjoy a smooth smoke filled with the sweet scent of tropical pineapple. This Sativa-dominant varietal delivers over 23% CBD and could help to boost your creativity and make you more energetic.
- Purple Gas: An Indica-strain with a distinct purple hue and strong fuel-like flavors. It will relax you without sending you off to sleep, making it ideal for a daytime smoke.
- Golden Sour: A super-sour cross between Sour Diesel and Golden Goat, Golden Sour can perk you up during the day and give your creativity a lift.
- Lifter: Most Lifter users report uplifting and energetic effects from this Oregon bred strain. It’s a strain we have encountered time and time again and one that never fails to disappoint.
- Sour Tsunami: Not only was Sour Tsunami used to breed the popular Sour Space Candy, but it’s also a potent and popular strain in itself. It was one of the first strains bred for its CBD content and continues to be praised for its uniquely sour flavor profile and heady effects.
- Bubba Kush: One of the strongest hemp strains in the United States, both in terms of flavors and effects, Bubba Kush leaves a lasting impact on your senses and your mind. It’s sold by many retailers and Carolina Hemp’s top-shelf buds are some of the best in the business.
- Banana Bread: A sweet and morish strain that is Indica dominant and contains close to 19% CBD.
- BaOx: A favorite among hemp smokers, BaOx is a potent stressbuster that’s grown on hemp fields across the United States.
- Bubba Remedy: Although the CBD content is fixed at less than 12%, Bubba Remedy has a lot to offer both experienced and inexperienced smokers. It’s sweet, herbal, and calming—just what you need for those long and stressful evenings.
- Ceiba: One of the few popular hemp strains that’s native to the east coast, Ceiba hails from Vermont and is a mood-lifting, citrus-scented, smooth-smoking varietal.
- Skywalker OG: The Skywalker OG strain promises to transport you to a galaxy far, far away. Its Kush heritage promises a relaxing experience, allowing you to kick back, relax, and melt your troubles melt away.
- Cherry Uno: Earthy, sweet, sour, and uplifting—Cherry Uno was bred from Granddaddy Purple and Durban Poison and borrows many classic traits from these two strains.
- Sour Space Candy: Oregon CBD has produced some brilliant varietals over the years and Sour Space Candy is one of them. It’s a gassy, super-sour strain bred from Early Resin Berry and Sour Tsunami.
- Northern Lights: An old favorite that is just as popular with hemp smokers as it is with cannabis aficionados. It is described as “relaxing” and “euphotic,” and it contains over 20% CBD.
- White Widow: One of the most famous varietals in the world, White Widow is a tried and tested strain that is covered with sticky resin and helps to lift your mood and boost your creativity.
- Blue Genius: Sativa-dominant and described as “piney” and “uplifting.” Alongside more than 17% CBD, the Oregon-bred Blue Genius combines a wide array of terpenes for a complex and unique flavor profile.
The Carolina Hemp Company range includes premium oils for you and your pets, as well as a selection of edibles. Choose from CBD-infused chocolate (white and dark), gummies, and honey, or browse a wide range of hemp products and food, including hemp protein powder, pasta, butter, preserves, and more.
Most of these products are provided by other brands, including its hemp and CBD teas, which are manufactured by The Brother’s Apothecary.
Clothing and Accessories
The bigger the brand, the more likely they are to sell clothing. We’re living in an age of merchandising, an age where customers are more than happy to share their loyalty for their favorite brand, even if it means dropping $20+ on a simple t-shirt.
Some brands keep things simple, selling low-quality tees and hoodies with basic designs and high mark-ups. Carolina Hemp Company goes one step further. Not only does it sell an affordable range of t-shirts, hats, and hoodies, all featuring colors and styles suited to the brand, but it also sells hemp footwear.
Surprisingly, while it’s common to find online dispensaries that sell clothing and accessories, it’s rare for any of these to contain hemp. Carolina Hemp Company bucks the trend and does so in a particularly stylish and affordable way.
We recommend taking a look at their clothing and accessories range the next time you drop by to pick up some hemp flowers.