Black Tie officially launched in 2018, the same year that the Farm Bill was passed and the doors of legality swung open. But the foundations had been laid long before then, with the brand’s expert growers developing their own legal hemp strains as far back as 2014.
In the years since, Black Tie has produced several strains and grows vast quantities of high-CBD hemp from 5 different locations and over 200 acres. Its strains are designed with all types of smokers in mind and the scale at which it produces these crops allow it to keep the prices low while the quality remains high.
About Black Tie CBD
Not only does Black Tie have a large base of loyal customers, but its efforts have been recognized by hemp organizations and experts.
In 2019, its hemp flowers claimed second place in the “Best CBD Flower” category at the High Times DOPE Cup. This was a major achievement in more ways than one, as it was the first time that industrial hemp flowers had succeeded against cannabis strains in a High Times marijuana contest.
In the same year, Black Tie secured an award at the Oregon Grower’s Cup, where it was praised for its hemp flowers and its dry ice kief.
Black Tie prioritizes quality above all else. It grows the best hemp under the strictest conditions and ensures that every batch is lab tested and free of chemical contaminants.
Hemp Flower Varietals
With 200 acres at its disposal, Black Tie has more than enough room to grow quality crops all year long. In the short time since it launched, the company has become one of the biggest sellers of top-shelf hemp flowers in the United States and has a wide range for you to peruse.
This range is split between CBD and CBG strains:
CBD Hemp Flowers
With over 2 dozen options at your disposal, you’ll never be left wanting when it comes to premium CBD flowers. The following are all hand-trimmed, slow-cured, and sold in various sizes.
- Amnesia Haze: Despite what the name might suggest, this is a strain you won’t forget about. It’s also quite uplifting and is ideally suited for a morning or afternoon toke.
- Apple Strüdel: As sweet and fruity as its namesake, the Apple Strüdel strain is uplifting and energetic.
- Bleu Cheese: Cheesy and full-flavored, this strain is Sativa-dominant and seems to be a popular choice with the brand’s many loyal customers.
- Blueberry 7: Black Tie describes this as an alternative to Blueberry Pie but notes that many consumers consider it a tastier and more impactful option. If you want a sweet, Blueberry-scented strain and this one is in stock, add it to your cart!
- Blueberry Pie: A fruity and sweet-scented cross between Blue Dream and Girl Scout Cookies, two strains that never fail to disappoint.
- Bubba Kush: Described as a “strongly sedating” hemp strain, Bubba Kush is perfect for unwinding after a long day and could help you with insomnia.
- Bubblegum: Slightly Sativa-leaning with aromas of fragrant orange, spicy cinnamon, and floral chamomile.
- Candyland: Small, dense, and dark-colored buds produce stimulating and uplifting effects, with aromas of spice, fruit, and musk.
- Caramel OG: An indoor-grown strain filled with orange hairs and pungent flavors of chocolate, coffee, and cream.
- Chem Dawg: A massively popular strain that produces medium-sized buds and flavors of hops, cinnamon, and orange rind.
- Hawaiian Haze: Like a fruity cocktail enjoyed on a tropical beach, Hawaiian Haze offers an experience to remember and flavors that linger on the tongue. It’s slightly sour and spicy, with overriding sweet flavors reminiscent of mango and pineapple.
- Diamond Kush: This diamond beams with glistening trichomes and hues of orange and yellow.
- Key Lime Pie: A powerful strain with a pungent smell that lingers long after you first crack open the jar. It’s fruity, sweet, and creamy, just like a good Key Lime Pie should be.
- Jack: Named after Jack Herer, a leading figure in the legal cannabis industry, this Sativa-leaning hybrid is available in very limited quantities and carries a substantial price tag. It’s definitely not for smokers on a budget.
- Lifter: Black Tie sells indoor and outdoor Lifter strains. This perennial favorite is one of the best-known strains created by Oregon CBD.
- Lemon Tree: Described by Black Tie as the “ideal daytime strain,” Lemon Tree is as fresh and citrusy as they come.
- Mothership: An out of this world strain with medium-sized buds flecked with orange/red hairs.
- Orange Cookies: Cookies and orange aren’t the most natural flavor combination, but it works for this strain. It combines sweet flavors of vanilla and cream with a generous dose of orange and lemon.
- Skittlez: Orange and citrus notes give way to subtle sweetness and distinct spicy and earthy undertones. Not quite like a handful of your favorite multicolored candies, but probably as close as you can get with a bowl of smokable flowers.
- Purple Passion: One of the cheaper options at the time of writing, Black Tie’s Purple Passion is a great choice for smokers on a budget, allowing them to enjoy a premium flower without breaking the bank.
- Special Sauce: Sharp berry flavors, relaxing and mood-boosting effects, and a smooth smoke—what more could you ask for?
- Zweet Tarts: Produces a zingy, tarty aroma that will get your nose hairs tingling.
If you’re not sure which strain is right for you, take a look at the sample packs, which give you a taste of several different varietals. Alternatively, you can purchase just 1g of your chosen strain, or pick up some 0.75g joints in singles or packs of 3 and 5.
CBG Hemp Flowers
For many hemp flower growers and sellers, CBG is an afterthought. They have one or two strains in very limited quantities and simply don’t offer anywhere near the variety they provide with CBD strains.
It’s a different story with Black Tie. Not only does it have several CBG offerings, including some very notable additions, but its range is growing all the time and we’ll likely see more strains stocked before long.
- Lemon Cream Diesel: An award-winning strain that earned Black Tie a lot of recognition. Lemon Cream Diesel is grown indoors in very limited quantities and promises between 14 and 15% CBG.
- OJ: A grassy, earthy, musky taste that accompanies a smooth, dry smoke. OJ has over 15% CBG and is a great way to get your fix of this “mother cannabinoid.”
- Cinderella: A perfect fit for fans of CBG, this indoor-grown varietal glistens like a glass slipper and promises a night to remember.
- Superglue: So-named because of its super-sticky coating, these perfectly manicured, rich-smelling buds provide up to 22% CBD, putting all other CBG strains to shame.
If the natural sweetness of hemp terpenes isn’t enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, grab a jar of fruit-flavored CBD, CBG, and CBN candies instead. These treats contain a healthy dose of concentrated CBD in combination with fruit juices and sugar syrups.
Tinctures, kief, dab wax, and other concentrates are also available, along with vapes, pet treats, and CBD-infused drinks. These additional products are produced by brands like CBD Infusionz and The Brother’s Apothecary, to name just a couple.